This is why I can never have kids. My instagrams would annoy so many people.
I was lucky enough to get an advanced copy of the first Land of Stories in early 2012 before it came out, and on Saturday I finally met Chris (!!!) and was able to get it signed (along with a hardcover set of all three books). The ARC came in a cool foldout box with a little note from Chris and it occurred to me that people might like to see it, so here it is! (I review books for publishers and authors, in case anyone is wondering how I got an ARC.)
The note says:
I can’t express in words how excited I am for the upcoming publication of “The Land of Stories.” Writing this novel was a promise I made to myself when I was ten years-old. I hope readers enjoy their journey through the fairy tale world with the Bailey Twins as much as I have. - Chris Colfer
things that are totally okay
- shipping whatever you want
- liking the idea of queer representation in your fandom
- thinking that two men would be an attractive couple
things that aren’t okay
- sending hate to a celebrity’s significant other where you know they can see it [link one] [link 2]
- tweeting in general about wanting someone’s girlfriend to die/be killed/ injured/ whatever
- joking about wanting to feed someone peanut butter when you know they’re allergic to peanut butter because they’re dating someone you want to be with a straight man
- actively denying and refusing to accept one’s sexuality when he has stated numerous times when he’s straight and has a girlfriend (establishes that he’s straight at 3:30, establishes that he has a girlfriend shortly thereafter)
- actively refusing one’s denials of dating their costar (establishes that he is not dating his costar at 14:30)
- outright refusing to respect one’s private life and personal space and continuing to write porn and fanfiction with them when they have expressed that it made them uncomfortable and even tweeting them about RPF
- tweeting the celebrities and telling them to just come out that they’re together and denying their sexualities
- spreading rumors that a celebrity’s girlfriend is a “crack whore” and does cocaine off mirrors
- mocking one of their mutual friend’s death to make fun of a celebrity’s girlfriend
- calling said girlfriend a slut/whore/hooker and mocking her attire for her stage persona (and then going on to describe themselves as feminists after slut shaming and telling her to “put on clothes”)
- hoping that someone who is close to one of their “idols” dies
- this lovely conversation between hunter and an anonymous tweeter
- The fact that a celebrity’s girlfriend has to defend herself from her boyfriend’s fans constantly
- defacing their “idol’s” book that they were extremely proud of to pursue their fantasy ship (and also e-editing it in an attempt to do the same exact thing)
guys LOOK WHAT I JUST FOUND
I’m caught halfway between highly impressed and hysterical laughter
A new an improved video of Chris Colfer’s appearance on The Talk. Sorry about the sync issues with the first one!
“What on earth made a pubescent teenager barely passing geometry with zero connections to Hollywood so confident? Perhaps it was youthful ignorance, or perhaps I just needed something to keep my mind occupied as I survived high school. Whatever it was, I’m so grateful it was there because it cemented itself onto my ever-growing bucket list. […] I can’t speak for all generations but I feel like mine has always been programed to believe one thing about aspirations; you win or you lose, there is no in-between. And unfortunately, the embarrassment of failure has always discouraged the attempt for success, so consequently, we don’t try. […] On a personal level I hope […] I’ll help convince this generation (and maybe even convince myself) that trying doesn’t mean you’re weak – it means you’re alive.”
Glee goes Disney.
yeah.. that’s Blaine as gender bended Snow White, and Kurt as gender bended Rapunzel.